This mount also has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
Innovative iOptron Technology
Make way for an innovative mount! This iOptron CEM40EC mount uses iOptron’s patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS). This saddle accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. The CEM40EC also uses iOptron’s ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
Computerized Mount Features
The iOptron CEM40EC mount uses the Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount’s 212,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must have tool.
iPolar and hard case included. Tripod and counterweight are not included.
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8 lbs (7.2 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolarTM electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error ( PE< 0.25 arc seconds RMS)
- Real-time periodic error correction with high resolution encoder (RPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- New, patent-pending iOptron universal saddle
- Hard case included
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
The iOptron high performance ball head is designed for smooth precision movement. It can be independently controlled for pan and tilt movement. The base has a wide diameter of 2 inches for 360 degree precision pan measurement. The quick release plate system is universal, compatible to all major brands. Redundant plate lock and safety lock provides secure mounting of your camera.
- Aluminium Construction
- Quick Release with Camera Plate
- 3 screw-position Camera Plate
- Plate measures: 1.5 inch x 2.375 inch surface
- Weight: 0.875 lb
- Working Height: 3.875 inch
- 360 degree panning
- Head Tilt: +/- 90 degrees
- 2 Spirit levels
- Load Capacity: 20 lbs.
- Also includes 1/4″-20 / 3/8″-16 tripod adaptor piece