Would you like to bypass the hand controller and control your EQ Series Equatorial Mount directly from a computer? Then you need to install EQASCOM and purchase an EQDIRECT USB to TTL serial cable. Why pay $75 or more when you can purchase a Sidereal Trading EQDIRECT cable for $50.
Three models are available:
The EQDIRECT-USB-DB9 is compatible with EQ6/NEQ6 Pro Series mounts and provides a 5V TTL serial signal via a DB9 connector.
The EQDIRECT-USB-RJ-5V is compatible with HEQ5/AZ-EQ6/EQ8 and provide a 5V TTL serial signal via a RJ45 connector
The EQDIRECT-USB-RJ-3.3V is compatible with AZ-EQ6/EQ8 and provide a 3.3V TTL serial signal via a RJ45 connector
All cables are based on the FTDI USB to serial chipset for maximum compatibility with your operating system.
To learn more about EQASCOM refer to THE EQMOD PROJECT website.
saxon have release the AZ-EQ6 Pro Mount with Steel Tripod. If you have ever wanted to purchase an AZ-EQ6 Pro then now is the time. For a limited time only Sideral Trading are offering $200.00 off the regular retail price. Pay only $2399.00 for the best version of the popular EQ6 Series mounts. (Discount Vouchers can not be used with sale items)
The saxon AZ-EQ6 Pro Mount with Steel Tripod provides the precision and stability needed for serious observing and astro-imaging
This AZEQ6 Pro mount includes a built-in illuminated polar scope for both Southern and Northern Hemisphere, a latitude adjuster with micrometer scale, an azimuth polar-alignment adjuster, aluminium setting circles, large manual slow-motion tracking controls, bubble level and steel tubular tripod legs
The saxon AZ-EQ6 Pro Mount with Steel Tripod features and includes the following:
- A user friendly Synscan hand controller
- 2x 5.1Kg counter weight
- Wall-to-wall large accessory tray
- An extension 150mm counterweight shaft
- 2” stainless steel tripod legs
- Retractable counterweight shaft
- Accept narrow (V-style) or wider (D-style) dovetail mounting plates
- Smooth and quiet belt driven
- Motor resolution at 0.14arc sec (or 9.216,000 steps/rev.)
- Slew speeds from 1.25x, 1.75x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 400x, 500x, 600x, and up to 3.4°/sec (800X)
- Sidereal, Solar and Lunar tracking rates
- One, Two and Three star alignment options
- Auto guider interface for astrophotography
- Guiding speed from 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.50x, 0.75x, or 1x
- Minimal vibration for steady long-exposure astrophotography
- Payload Capacity 20Kg
- Containing over 42,900 objects with complete Messier, NGC and IC Catalogues.
- Positioning accuracy up to 5 arc minute.
- Permanent Periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Firmware upgradeable via internet download
- PC Compatibility
- Car power supply adapter included
For more information or to purchase click saxon AZ-EQ6 Pro Mount with Steel Tripod