Unlike half-dome designs, NexDome is a classic observatory dome with more than 100 degrees of shutter opening, allowing you to point your telescope to the zenith while remaining shielded from stray light and wind.
- Nexdome’s unique dome wheels are installed at two different angles. An upright set of wheels bears the weight of the dome and provides for rotation, while a second set of wheels keeps the dome from shifting, resulting in smoother rotation. The second set of wheels, in conjunction with the dome’s angle lip, provides critical protection from uplift in high winds.
- The 2.2 meter inside diameter provides plenty of space to operate up to a 14” Schmidt Cass or a refractor 1400mm long.
- Nexdome’s higher walls make entry easier and provide more room for longer telescope tubes compared to conventional domes.
- Shipping costs are reduced due to the nesting of parts, and thus smaller shipping packages.
- The NexDome’s light weight makes motorizing the dome easier.
- Structure and enclosure materials are combined, resulting in fewer parts.
- Assembly is simple and easy.
- Thanks to patented design, there is no need of any caulking or weather stripping at the joints
|Door Size||W36″ x H44″|
|Aperture Width||24″ (61cm)|
|Open Past Zenith||14″ (35.6cm)|
|Material||Extruded ABS with Solarkote ® UV Coating|
|Tested Temperatures||-60º to 120º F (-60º to 48º C)|
Proudly Made in USA and Canada.