The iOptron permanent piers constructed from aluminium alloy and 1/4″ thick wall tubing. The thicker wall insures reduced vibration and increased system stability. Four aluminium side struts are welded between the pier tube and the base plate to eliminate side flexure of the tube assembly under heavy or off-center loads.
Currently, iOptron offer two different pier heights: 600mm and 900mm, with a CEM120 mounting plate.
- 8038-600 600mm (23.5″)
- 8038-900 900mm (35″)
The pier can also be used for the following mounts, directly or with an adapter:
- CEM60 (need Center Post P-8037-CP);
- iEQ45 Pro/iEQ45 (need Center Post P-8037-CP);
- AZ Mount Pro/MiniTower/MiniTower Pro (need Star Knobs with Center Post 8340-PIER)
- Paramount MyT (no adapter needed)
- Takahashi (EM-200), SkyWatcher (HEQ5/EQ6/NEQ6/AZEQ6), Celestron (CGEM/CGEM-DX), Orion Atlas(EQ-G/AZEQ-G) ( need Tri-Pier adapter 8036-TK)
- Astro-Physics 400/600E/Mach1GOTO (need Tri-Pier adapter 8036-AP)
- ZEQ25/CEM25 (need Tri-Pier adapter 8036-25)