CRL model flanges can be swapped easily allowing the focuser to be used on multiple scopes.
How to change the flange on a CRL model focuser:
- Use a 1/8 inch Allen wrench to back out the 3 set screws located 120 degrees around the upper flange part.
- Back out the aluminum locking thumbscrew.
- Twist and pull off the bottom flange part from the upper flange part. Note: white lithium grease will cause some sticktion when trying to pull them apart.
- Install new flange, add some grease if needed.
- Lightly snug up the 3 nylon tipped set screws so they just touch the new flanges radial dovetail. Then lightly snug them and rotate flange to desired resistance. Flange should be stiff but rotate smoothly.
- Snug up aluminum thumbscrew to lock position.