The NexDome 2.2M observatory dome and ring includes the Dome ring and Dome Panels. Ideal for installing on existing walls or sheds.
- Nexdome’s unique dome wheels are installed at two different angles. An upright set of wheels bears the weight of the dome and provides for rotation, while a second set of wheels keeps the dome from shifting, resulting in smoother rotation. The second set of wheels, in conjunction with the dome’s angle lip, provides critical protection from uplift in high winds.
- NexDome is a classic observatory dome with more than 100 degrees of shutter opening, allowing you to point your telescope to the zenith while the remaining shielded from stray light and wind.
- The 2.2 meter inside diameter provides plenty of space to operate up to a 14” Schmidt Cass or a refractor 1400mm long.
- Shipping costs are reduced due to the nesting of parts, and thus smaller shipping packages.
- The NexDome’s light weight makes motorizing the dome easier.
- Structure and enclosure materials are combined, resulting in fewer parts.
Assembly is simple and easy.