This telescope weighs 4kg whilst being very compact and can be operated on mobile mounts. The TS 86SDQ is also suited for plane trips. These features make the TS 86SDQ a high-quality and convenient telescope for outstanding Astrophotos.
Even though the APO is optimized for Astrophotography, it can still be used for observing with 2″ diagonals thanks to its generous backfocus. The excellent color correction permits magnification up to 200x without any chromatic aberration.
Features and advantages of the TS 86mm SDQ Quadruplet APO
- Field correction and illumination as far as D=60 mm
- The 2-element correction system is integrated and independent of the focuser. These correction elements are made from FDC-100 glas (comparable to FPL-53)
- High Quality FDC-100 Doublet lens for an image without color defects in combination with the 2-element correction system.
- 3″ CNC-Rack&Pinion-focuser – permits load up to 6 kg
- 1,25″ and 2″ plug-adaptation as well as a M82x1 thread for screw connection are available.
- Each Quadruplet Apo is checked before shipping and its optics are tested
Camera connections to the 86SDQ:
The APO provides a backfocus of 95mm from the 2″ connection. The focuser tube can be extended by 40mm. We recommend the following adapters.
- DSLR connection via 2″ tube: With the TSFA240 or FF155 focal adaptor and a standard T2 ring you can attach and focus all DSLR cameras to achieve a backfocus of 95mm.
- Connection of DSLR and Astrocameras with sensors up to 30mm diameter via the M82 thread: With the FTSM82-M48 adaptor and the M48a-M48a M48 reversing-ring you get a M48 connection at a backfocus of 102mm. There is space enough for each photo equipment like filterwheels, off axis guiders. System cameras or Astro cameras need an additional extension if it isn´t included.
- Connection of DSLRs and Astro cameras with large sensors exceeding 30mm diameter via the M82 thread: The adaptor M82i-M68a provides a Zeiss-Level thread connection with a M68x1 male thread at 102mm backfocus. Due to the M68x1 adaptation system by TS-Optics and Baader you are able to attach your camera.