The brand new ZWO ASI178MM-C Monochrome Camera now allows the sensor to be cooled to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient!
With its back-illuminated Sony IMX178 chip you get the latest CMOS sensor technology including:
- Back-illuminated SONY STARVIS sensor for outstanding low light sensitivity.
- High resolution thanks to 6.4M pixel sensor with 2.4 micron pixels.
- Excellent red/IR sensitivity with Sony’s Exmor R Technology.
- Very low read noise of just 2.2e.
- 14 bit ADC for high dynamic range.
The ZWO ASI178MM-C is very suitable for high resolution photography in astronomy and microscopy. The cooled ZWO cameras work uncooled without an external power. A 12V DC power supply with 2.5A capacity allows cooling to the specified 35-40°C below ambient.
ZWO ASI178MM-C QE Curve
Impressive specifications show full well depth, gain, read noise and Dyynamic Range.