AAG CloudWatcher features include:
- Full information about sky conditions
- Reliable readings
- Easy interpretation of all information
- Connectable to the AAG CloudWatcher SOLO for low power, 24×7 remote availability
- Software available for:
- Windows (free)
- INDILib (free) http://indilib.org/devices/weather-stations/aag-cloud-watcher.html,
- MAC OSX (developed by Richard Francis, GerSpatial, available from the AppStore at a very reasonable cost).
- And autonomously with the SOLO
- ASCOM safety monitor and observing conditions drivers available
- Very low maintenance
- Product in constant review and improvement
Advanced features include:
- Multiple users in LAN (MASTER mode and REMOTE mode operation);
- MASTER and REMOTE installations can be independently parameterized;
- Sky temperature correction model to account for excessive atmospheric longwave radiation during summer;
- All alerts can be defined as sound alerts, with a specific sound file to be played when the alert condition occurs;
- Switch control can be disabled and be performed by an external program (suitable to control other equipment);
- Allows the electrical constants to be changed by the user;
- A complete set of properties/methods for inter-program communications;
- Compatible with existing firmware versions 1.xx, 2.xx and future version 3.xx;
- ACP, Sequence Generator+, CCDCommander, CCDAutopilot, Prism, CCDAutoPilot, and Maxpilote compatible; plus any ASCOM-compliant software.
The AAG CloudWatcher package includes:
- Clouds sensor
- Capacitive rain sensor
- Light sensor
- Temperature sensor
- (Optional) Relative Humidity and Atmospheric Pressure sensor (RH & AP versions) — (available from 2021 April).
Optional Cables and Mounting Bracket:
A Range of specially designed Cables and Extension Cables are available for connection to a computer or observatory control system.
CloudWatcher Cables are available in 3m, 5m, 7m, and 10m lengths. (one required)
CloudWatcher Extension Cables are also available in 3m, 5m, 7m, and 10m lengths.
CloudWatcher and Anemometer mounting bracket is also available.
- Power 12 to 15V, current < 1 A
- Standard 5.5 / 2.1mm jack, centre positive
- RS232 Serial port
- Size: 110 x 85 x 37 mm.