Baader IR-Pass Filter 1¼” (685 nm)
or 4 fortnightly payments of $28.75 with More info
- Baader IR-Pass Filter HWB 685nm
- Reduces the effect of seeing resulting in a much sharper image.
- Tip for use: Ideal for imaging and used for the luminosity channel.
- The effect of use: The normal spectral bandwidth is 400-700nm. This filter starts at 670nm in the deep red, just in the visual range so it can be focused correctly. At this long-wavelength spectral range the atmospheric air turbulence (seeing) has much lower impact on the sharpness. Dark structures on Mars, Jupiter the Moon and the Sun are thereby rendered much sharper. The luminosity can then be combined with RGB creating a very sharp LRGB image.
- Highly recommended for planetary imaging.
- Reflex free anti-reflective and optically polished.
Available on backorder