This mount also has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
Innovative iOptron Technology
Make way for an innovative mount! This iOptron CEM40EC mount uses iOptron’s patent-pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS). This saddle accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. The CEM40EC also uses iOptron’s ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
Computerized Mount Features
The iOptron CEM40EC mount uses the Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount’s 212,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must have tool.
iPolar and hard case included. Tripod and counterweight are not included.
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg) with the mount weight of only 15.8 lbs (7.2 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolarTM electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error ( PE< 0.25 arc seconds RMS)
- Real-time periodic error correction with high resolution encoder (RPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Cable management system
- New, patent-pending iOptron universal saddle
- Hard case included
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer