The Seletek LIMPET is the smallest and most recent Seletek. With a small 12V battery and a WiFi interface, no cables are required to control your focuser!
With support for ASCOM, INDIGO and INDILib drivers, the Seletek LIMPET focuser can be controlled from any astronomy program.
Even your smartphone or your computer’s web browser can alternatively control a focuser and camera rotator with Lunatico Windows software and ASCOM installed.
- Very small enclosure
- Central hole to easily attach the Limpet to the telescope using a single screw
- WiFi and USB connection
- Very low power requirements (30mA idle connected to WiFi, 530mA focusing with our standard motor)
- Optional external WiFi antenna needed if the WiFi signal is weak (not required if the WiFi access point is in the observatory)
- Optional external temperature sensor
- All the time-proven Seletek Armadillo and Platypus software will work with it. Just one device at any time.
- Including a screw locking 2.1x 5.5mm jack for safe attachment of power cable
- 5.5 / 2.1mm standard jack, centre positive, 12V dc (13.8V, as supplied by some batteries, is valid)
- ASCOM, INDIGO and INDILib enabled
- Focus from your smartphone via web interface (NEW!)
With the Limpet you can:
- Control one focus motor
- Control one rotator motor
- With our free program “PinByPin“: independent control of any controller pin, manual or automated (depending on temperature delta), useful not only for
- Fan control or dew heater bands, as used by the ZeroDew system.
- Control of the VSI’s “Zerotator”, or the Astrodon “TAKometer”
- “Seletek à la carte” allows you to customize your Seletek (original or Armadillo or Limpet) to match you specific needs
And in the next future…
- Optional physical limit switches
- ASCOM Alpaca (inside)
- Focuser and rotator motor controller
- Outputs: 4 power digital outputs (up to 1.5A) – thermal auto-shutdown of the drivers in case of overheating
- Inputs: 3 analogical-digital inputs (1 for the temperature external sensor, 2 protected with resettable fuses)
- PC connection via USB and WiFi
- Size: 70 * 70 * 26 mm
- Weight: <85 gr.
- External power supply 12V dc (13.8V, as supplied by some batteries, is valid)
- The software supports any current Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 10, 32bit, 64bit)
- ASCOM compliant software (focuser & rotator)
- INDIlib focuser driver
- Will work with FocusMax, MaximDL, CCDCommander, ACP, CCD AutoPilot, SGPro, Voyager, APT… and any ASCOM aware astronomy software