Borrowing all the experience earned with our successful line of controllers, the Tarsier is aimed at the astrophotographer who prefers leaving the computer at home.
This hand controller will not only move the focus motor, avoiding vibration at the scope, but also remember focus points and allow the motor to “goto” any of them.
- Drives any kind of motor, from high accuracy steppers to inexpensive DC ones
- Total control over the motor motion: continuous at slow or fast speed, incremental fine or coarse (user configurable).
- Back illuminated screen
- Can save focus points (up to 16) and perform goto to any of them
- Motor position always shown (except if in menus)
- With the optional temperature sensor, will perform temperature compensated focusing
- No PC needed
- Designed for comfortable operation even wearing gloves
- Backlash setting for the most accurate motion
The Tarsier is the perfect match for astronomers with a portable setup and DSLR imaging
- 12 V cc operation
- 8×2 character LCD, with back light in red color
- DB9 plug for stepper motors (such as our own, time proven 3600 steps/turn motor, or others from Robofocus, Moonlite, Lakeside, Feathertouch…)
- Mono audio jack for DC motors (such as Orion’s, Rigel systems…)
- Size: 144*95mm
The controller includes a car lighter plug adapter.