The TS Superflat TS GPU coma corrector is one of the best correctors for astrophotography through fast Newtonians.
- 4-element coma corrector for excellent imaging in the field and on the axis.
- Perfectly suitable for Newtonian telescopes with focal ratios of f/4 – provides very good results from f/3.5 to f/6.
- Very tolerant against tilting.
- Focal length is not changed.
- Camera connection through M48 thread.
- The focus position is moved outwards by 20 mm.
- For better stability and accuracy, the corrector can be screwed to the focuser. Connection adapters for cameras and focusers are available.
- To guarantee a better fit in the focuser with the 2″ clamping and to avoid clamping marks on the housing, the corrector is equipped with a brass ring.
The TS GPU Aplanatic Newtonian Coma Corrector for Astrophotography
The coma corrector is a further development of the GPU by Pal Gyulai – GPU-Optics. The result is a high quality 4-element corrector that provides round stars over the entire field of view even with larger camera sensors. Just enter TS Superflat Coma Corrector on Astrobin and you will see how well the corrector works on Newtonian telescopes.
In opposite to 2-element correctors, the stars are not enlarged, there are no halos. Furthermore, the whole construction is designed to be free from reflexes. Even bright stars will be shown without reflexes or ghostings.
The Advantages of the GPU Coma Corrector:
- Very good coma correction for Newtonian telescopes from f/3.5 to f/6
- No change of the focal length.
- The focus plane is shifted outwards by 20 mm. This prevents the corrector from protruding into the inside of the tube.
- Stars are smaller – no halo effects.
- The corrector can be clamped, but also screwed to the focuser by an optional adapter.
- The TS GPU corrector offers correction up to full-frame sensors. For perfect illumination, a FLAT is necessary.
The optimal working distance from the M48 thread to the camera sensor:
The optimum working distance is 55 mm from the M48 male thread. The external thread itself does not count, as it disappears in the connection adapter. With TS-Optics extensive range of adapters, you can always achieve the optimum distance.